- Meat and poultry
- Popular chicken
- Easy chicken
- Quick chicken
Who knew that crushed cornflakes could work just as well as breadcrumbs for coating chicken? Try it and see for yourself!
212 people made this
- 225ml soured cream
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast fillets
- 30g crushed cornflakes cereal
- 1 (40g) sachet french onion soup mix
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
MethodPrep:10min ›Cook:20min ›Ready in:30min
- Preheat an oven to 200 C / gas 6. Butter a baking dish.
- Whisk the soured cream, Dijon mustard, garlic and pepper together in a large bowl. Add the chicken and turn to assure the breasts are well coated. Refrigerate 20 to 30 minutes.
- Combine the cornflakes and the dry onion soup mix in a bowl. Gently press the chicken breasts into the cornflakes mixture to coat and shake off any excess. Lie the coated breasts in the buttered baking dish. Drizzle the melted butter over the chicken.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is golden brown and cooked through, about 20 to 25 minutes.
Reviews & ratingsAverage global rating:(244)
Reviews in English (187)
Great recipe. Good old comfort food. Smells wonderful! Very easy to make and love how the coating stays on chicken so nicely. I used 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts with total weight of 1.7 pounds. Needed about double the corn flakes called for. One other hint...be sure to really mix corn flake, onion soup combo...the onion soup wants to go to bottom of bowl and you end up having much more of it on the last pieces of chicken dipped than the first.-14 Aug 2009
by Amanda E.
This was delicious!! I made it once by the recipe word for word, another time I didn't have enough sour cream so I added some ranch dressing to the mix and it was AMAZING!!!-16 Dec 2009
This was so good! I left out the onion soup mix because my husband's not a big onion fan, but I bet it is good that way too.-26 Jul 2009
- 3 tablespoons grainy mustard
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, finely grated
- 3/4 cup plain dried bread crumbs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken thighs (2 pounds)
- Kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Preheat the oven to 450°. Set a wire rack on a rimmed baking sheet.
In a large bowl, mix the mustards with the Worcestershire sauce, garlic and cayenne. In a large, shallow dish, toss the bread crumbs with the butter, parsley and lemon zest.
Season the chicken with salt and black pepper. Add to the mustard mixture and turn to coat. Dredge the skinned side of 1 chicken thigh in the bread crumb mixture and transfer to the rack, crumb side up. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
Transfer the chicken to the oven and bake for 30 minutes, until the crumbs are golden brown and the chicken is cooked through. Serve with lemon wedges.
How to Make Crunchy Keto Chicken Tenders
- Season. First, preheat your oven to give it some time to heat up while you season the chicken tenders with salt and black pepper.
- Create the dredge mixture. Add the almond flour, garlic powder, onion powder, Parmesan cheese, flaxseed meal, paprika, salt, and black pepper to a shallow bowl and mix to combine. Set the bowl aside.
- Prepare the egg mixture. Add the egg to a separate bowl and then beat it lightly.
- Dredge the chicken. Dredge your chicken properly for even coating. To do so, simply dip individual chicken pieces in the egg mixture and then coat with the almond flour mixture. Place on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Repeat until all pieces have been coated.
- Bake. Spray the chicken with olive oil spray and bake for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve. Serve immediately.
Baked Saltine Cracker Chicken Recipe
I love my husband, but the man can be pretty picky when it comes to chicken!
We eat quite a bit of chicken at our house and he gave this baked saltine cracker chicken recipe two big thumbs up!
How to make baked saltine cracker chicken
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter in a small bowl and set aside
- Crush crackers in a food processor or a Ziploc bag with a rolling pin, until they become fine crumbs. You could also use bread crumbs if you are in a rush, but the taste of the saltine crackers is delicious.
- Combine crushed crackers, Italian seasoning, garlic powder, salt and pepper in a separate mixing bowl.
- Spray a 9吉-inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Dip each chicken breast in melted butter, coat completely in crumb mixture and place in prepared pan.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until cooked through. For best results we recommending flipping halfway through and sprinkling fresh crackers on top.
What are some saltine cracker substitutes?
I used saltine crackers in the coating for this chicken, but you could easily substitute your favorite cracker or even bread crumbs.
If you are looking for a gluten free option, you could use gluten free bread crumbs or crushed almonds or other tree nuts you have on hand.
How to make your baked saltine cracker chicken juicy and not dry!
This chicken dish is perfectly crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside. There are many secrets to keep you chicken juicy and delicious.
- Even thickness. Sometimes chicken breasts aren’t always an even thickness. This leads to juicy chicken in one area of the breast, and dry chicken in the other.
You can ensure that all the chicken is cooked evenly when it is the same density in all places. To do this, I use a mallet or hammer to pound the chicken into thin and even pieces.I cover it with a zip lock bag or saran wrap to do this.
- Cook low and slow. Whether it is in the slow cooker, oven, or grill, chicken does best when it is cooked on low for a longer amount of time. For this recipe, we recommend cooking it as directed.
- Flip the breasts halfway through. When you are cooking chicken in the oven, this can be difficult because the crackers can get a little soggy.However, if you keep a little of the cracker mixture set aside, you can flip the chicken, and garnish with fresh crackers.Flipping the chicken will give both sides the same amount of temperature and cooking time to cook through evenly.
Serve this up with some fresh vegetables like our Honey Sriracha Brussels Sprouts or our Roasted Brussels Sprouts and Squash, and you’ve got the perfect dinner!
Pop open a box of cereal for a crunchy twist on baked chicken tenders
Shaking the notion of kid food from the Etch-a-Sketch of our minds not only clears the slate for children to explore a world of different flavors, it also removes any judgment adults might feel for digging into foods such as chicken nuggets, pizza or mac and cheese. Those dishes can hit the spot for anyone at any age, and depending on how they are prepared, they can also be good for you.
These crispy chicken tenders with the accompanying dipping sauce are a prime example. Healthfully baked, they get their crunchy exterior from a coating of crushed, crispy rice cereal and almonds, which is gently seasoned with paprika, garlic, salt and pepper.
Part of what makes the chicken strips so tasty is a buttermilk bath, which tenderizes them a bit, helps keep the meat moist, and provides a surface for the coating to adhere to. The buttermilk soak also simplifies the prep and makes the final result lighter compared to the typical dredge in flour and egg.
Ratings & Reviews
Great for a quick dinner!
This recipe was quick and easy! I added a dry ranch dressing packet to the crushed cereal to add some flavor (yum!) and put dried rosemary on top! If you're having a hard time getting the cereal to st ick, dip the chicken in butter instead of broth and that usually does the trick! I've also made a similar recipe where instead of using crushed cereal, you crush up ritz crackers for a coating and that tastes delicious, too!
Healthy twist on fried
So easy! The corn flakes gave it a really enjoyable texture and the garlic powder gave it a great flavor kick.
this was SO easy to make. i made dinner for my dad and boyfriend and they were very impressed considering i never cook! the only thing i did differently was added honey bbq sauce to the broth to coat the chicken and it gave it an extra sweet kick! i also used frosted flakes instead of corn flakes. next time i might just go to regular corn flakes to switch it up. ill definitely be cooking this dish again. so easy!
Best no-fried chicken I have ever had!!
I doubled all the ingredients to make 8 servings and used boneless skinless chicken beasts sliced in half, and I have to say this mama rocked this dish. Everyone was completely silent because their mouths were full!
Crunchy No-Fry Chicken
The chicken was delicious. My children loved it!
By submitting, I agree to the terms and conditions.
Truly Crispy Oven Baked Chicken Wings
- ▢ 4 lb / 2 kg chicken wings , cut into wingettes and drumettes (Note 1)
- ▢ 5 teaspoons baking powder (NOT BAKING SODA / BI-CARB SODA!!)
- ▢ 3/4 teaspoon salt
- ▢ Oil spray
Did you make this recipe? I love hearing how you went with my recipes! Tag me on Instagram at @RecipeTinEats.
Originally published in November 2014, updated with fresh new photos and step by step photos!
PS I’ve now published the Buffalo Wings version! Here it is: Truly Crispy Oven Baked BUFFALO Wings.
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for brushing
- 1 pound ground chicken, preferably dark meat
- Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons chopped chipotle in adobo, plus 2 teaspoons sauce
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro leaves and tender stems, plus more for serving
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 6 ounces Monterey Jack, shredded (1 1/2 cups)
- 6 flour tortillas (each 8 inches)
- Pico de gallo, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
Preheat oven to 425°. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high. Add chicken season with salt and pepper and cook, breaking up with a spoon, until browned, 3 to 4 minutes.
Stir in tomato paste, chipotle and sauce, and 1/2 cup water. Bring to a simmer, then reduce heat and cook until most of liquid has evaporated, about 2 minutes. Stir in cilantro and lime juice.
Brush a rimmed baking sheet with oil. Arrange 1/4 cup cheese and about 1/3 cup meat mixture along center of one tortilla roll up and place seam-side down on baking sheet. Repeat with remaining cheese, meat, and tortillas. Brush tops of flautas with oil and bake until browned and crisp, 12 to 14 minutes. Serve with pico de gallo, sour cream, and cilantro.
These easy chicken fingers get their tempting taste and crunch from flavored potato chips.
2 tablespoons 2% milk
1-1/2 cups flavored potato chips, finely crushed (sour cream & onion, or chive)
1 pound Gold'n Plump® Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast Tenders
Preheat oven to 400°F. Lightly coat baking sheet with cooking spray.
Lightly beat egg in a small bowl. Stir in milk.
Put crushed potato chips in a zip-seal plastic bag.
Dip chicken into egg mixture. Then drop pieces, several at a time, into bag of crushed potato chips turn bag until chicken is lightly coated. Repeat with remaining chicken.
Place chicken in a single layer on prepared baking sheet.
Bake for about 15 to 17 minutes or until lightly browned and thoroughly cooked.
To crush the potato chips, put them into a plastic bag and press with the back of a wooden spoon.
Serve the chicken while hot with honey mustard or ketchup for dipping. To add a little zip to a regular ketchup dip, just combine 2 tablespoons of chili sauce, 1/4 cup horseradish, and 1/4 cup ketchup stir until well blended.
Nutritional information may change when substituting your chicken product. If you choose to substitute frozen chicken for this recipe, it's best to thaw before cooking.
Nutritional InformationShow More
- Amount Per Serving % Daily Value *
- Calories 226
- Calories from Fat 74
- Total Fat 8.3g 13 %
- Saturated Fat 2.9g 15 %
- Trans Fat 0.0g 0 %
- Protein 28g 57 %
- Amount Per Serving % Daily Value *
- Cholesterol 71mg 24 %
- Sodium 340mg 14 % Potassium 0 0 % -->
- Total Carbohydrates 9.6g 3 %
- Dietary Fiber 1.4g 6 %
- Sugars 2.1g 0 %
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Ratings & Comments
Thanks for your comment. Don't forget to share!
Where and what do I get for the following -reduced-fat and reduced-sodium condensed cream of chicken soup -low-sodium crushed cornflakes
Hello! The Test Kitchen purchased crushed cornflakes and soup at Walmart. We suggest looking online to find the nearest store that carries these products, or to purchase online. It is possible that these products are no longer available everywhere or at all. Hope this helps!
So, this makes 24 servings. I'm pretty sure I would still be hungry. much higher caloric value if serving size was reasonable.
Hi there! Sorry about that. This serves 6 people. It's been updated to reflect the proper sizes. Thanks for bringing this to our attention!
We cannot use almonds in our house, but I bet this recipe would go great with peanuts or sunflower seeds. Have you tried using other items for the crunchiness in this particular recipe? I would love some feedback on the texture and how filling the meal is if you have tried it. Thanks so much!
This looks scrumptious. I can't wait to make it.
Some help here for an European follower please ). When do you talk about "cup" in the recipe, how much that'd be please?
Hi there! We're so glad to have you visit. We use "cup" as a method of measurement based on the United States measuring system. 1 cup is equal to about 250 milliliters. You can use a search engine to find the conversion amount to meet your measuring needs. Enjoy!
My husband said after the first mouthful YOU HAVE TO MAKE THIS AGAIN He loved it although I had to make a few adjustments because I didn't have all the ingredients but it turned out great.
I wish your recipes would not contain cream of anything soup. All those soups are loaded with MSG, which my husband is allergic to and is so bad for anyone!
You can always mane your own cream soup. There are many recipes out there.
This looks so yummy and I cant believe that it is low carb. I cant wait to get the stuff needed to make it.YUMMY.
The recipe looks good and I would enjoy the crunch.
Report Inappropriate Comment
Are you sure you would like to report this comment? It will be flagged for our moderators to take action.